Saturday, April 26, 2008

Beginning our Blog! I am excited!

We have been serving in St. Lucia for almost a year. I have wanted to start a blog for sometime! So, here goes!!!

What has the mission done for me? It has made me appreciate clean straight streets! When we first got here I stayed car sick for weeks! The roads are very winding and narrow! But I have been very blessed to have almost gotten over the car sickness!
At first, we decided that we were going to clean up St. Lucia one street at a time! Well, we have become a little more realistic and now we just want to clean up the trash around Pigeon Island. We have had several youth service projects and filled countless trash bags and still the trash around Pigeon Island is just awful the day after we have cleaned it up. We have not given up
and will continue to pick up trash. But, now I will never pass a clean, straight road without noticing and being thankful!

2 comments:

Sandy Whiting said...

Congratulations on your life in St. Lucia............the photo of you two is great; The two Sherwood missionaries look awesome.......keep up the good work; and good job on the blog and having the intelligence enough to get it done!

Cathy said...

What a great way to share your experiences there in beautiful St. Lucia. YOu are lucky that you are getting used to the windy roads. I can verify that they can be very harsh. We will always be grateful for your love and kindness shown to our Kelsey while she lived in St. Lucia. You are in our prayers. Love the walking tacos!!!

Magilda-my favorite fruit and veggie Lady!

Magilda-my favorite fruit and veggie Lady!
Each time we buy mangos and other things from Magilda, she always throws in a couple of extras "For My Friend" she says! She has been working at that roadside stand for 16 years!