Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ticky Tock and Sand Balls






The Youth taught us how to play two new games at the beach. One is Ticky Tock, it is like Jacks only they play with small rocks. When you lose, the winner gets to slap your hand...it hurts! Let's just say this game is harder than it looks...you start with 6 rocks on the back of your hand, then you toss them all in the air and try to catch them in your hand that is held flat.

The other game is just like a snow ball fight only they use sand balls...I didn't get hit, thank heavens, but all the kids said it hurt like heck when you get hit with a hard sand ball!! They played that up and down the beach for the longest time, running for cover into the ocean. They had the time of their young lives!

I have to say that these kids are tough!

3 comments:

Chantz H. Davis said...

The ticky tock game sounds fun. something we could play at the beach next month. Give me a few more details. The sandballs doesn't sound as fun although I'm pretty sure Race and Chantz have pelted each other with a few of those in their day. I think it is funny that those folks live at the beach and don't know how to swim. Funny!

Ericka said...

Thanks for sharing all the great pictures! I have really enjoyed them. It seems as if the people of St.Lucia are always so happy and really enjoy the simple things of life. What a great experience!!!

Markee said...

I love that you played with them and let them slap your hands and played the pelting game! Go Aunt Marla!! love your blog! love- Markee

Magilda-my favorite fruit and veggie Lady!

Magilda-my favorite fruit and veggie Lady!
Each time we buy mangos and other things from Magilda, she always throws in a couple of extras "For My Friend" she says! She has been working at that roadside stand for 16 years!